Remembering Spring - A Gladiolus
"The Nature of This Flower is to bloom."
- Alice Walker
Thinking of spring and hoping for rain and cooler temperatures to give relief for all.
This was the first year I planted gladiolus. I've always enjoyed their graceful, ever-changing beauty. They come in a variety of colors. I had to be quick to cut the stalks to put them in water in the vase. The deer seemed to enjoy the tender flower buds - at least enough to try them out... aka, eat them. So, pretty much, if we wanted to get to look at them, we weren't going to be able to do that much actually outside in the garden.
|< Prev||Next >|
Get Cris' photo blog posts in your email.
Recent Blog Entries
- Winnie-the-Pooh and Orchids
- Dad - The Gift of a Lifetime
- The Precious Animated Wren
- The True Romantic Feeling
- Remembering Spring - A Gladiolus
- The Splendor - Iridescent Peacock
- Hummingbird and Honeysuckle
- Happy Mother's Day 2011
- Eastern Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly - Spring Has Arrived
- Daffodil - Spring Is On The Way
hope think year read everything happy monarch dad pictures mom things flowers under office home love flower small gardens butterfly fun botanical young light time little beauty garden texas plant photo grow rose clark people spring together beautiful christmas life house duck dogs park picture red water keep door years